M and I wrote hours and hours and hours of Arashi fic that we never shared with anyone. It was my driving interest in Arashi when I didn't have time to download and watch their shows. I always found time to write a few lines and send them back to her in an email.
Then she got married and vanished. And so did a lot of my interest.
When I poke my head back into fandom again now and then-- Much more frequently now that I'm only holding down one job and no fiancee. And by that I mean once every 4 months to once every 4 weeks.
And today was that 4 weeks.
I feel a sense of shock. Of pain. Of pride. Of inevitability. Of a whole chapter of my life that spanned the past 10 years is closing.
I want to go to another concert.
I want to walk away and say good riddance.
I want to write off my time in fandom as a waste.
I want to dive right back into fanfic.
I want to cry.
I want to binge watch all the things I've missed over the past few years.
I want to act like I'm 36 and not 13 about this.
Most of all, I want the network of Arashi fans that used to be.
So we could work through the grief together.
no subject
Date: 2019-02-17 04:46 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2019-02-17 06:08 am (UTC)But also, like... what even is this?
This happened 3 weeks ago and I didn't know.
If I'm able to forget about them for months at a time and live my life none-the-wiser, I should be able to shrug this off more easily than I am.
no subject
Date: 2019-02-17 07:04 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2019-02-17 05:17 pm (UTC)Thanks for your love.